Lauren graduated in the top of her class from the S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah, graduating with Honors. In law school she served on the Utah Law Review and was selected to be an Executive Editor. She was a Leadership scholarship recipient and the National Lawyers' Guild chapter president. Lauren earned the Outstanding Achievement Award in Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law II, and Advanced Legal Research. During law school, Lauren also interned for the Honorable Justice Christine Durham assisting with writing opinions and legal research.
After graduation, Lauren worked as a law clerk for Second District Court judges assisting in drafting rulings and researching and reviewing pleadings and memoranda filed with the Court. In this capacity she observed trials and oral arguments and frequently had an opportunity to discuss these observations with the judges involved in the cases. Lauren has also worked for the Utah Department of Insurance researching and drafting new insurance regulations.
Lauren's practice includes all aspects of community association law, including governing document drafting and rewrites, governance issues, litigation, governing document enforcement, and disputes between owners and associations. Lauren recently performed an instrumental role in a hard-fought effort on behalf of a group of owners to obtain the appointment of a receiver over a Park City Condominium Hotel. Lauren also has a distinct focus on Fair Housing Act issues, including the defense and prosecution of Fair Housing Act claims, participating as a member of Utah’s Fair Housing Forum with representatives from a variety of diverse organizations and municipalities, and presenting at educational events in Utah and Idaho.
In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Lauren was selected for the Rising Stars category of Super Lawyers which recognizes attorneys for excellence in legal practice.
University of Utah, J.D., 2014
- Graduated with Honors
- Member: Utah Law Review (2012-2014); selected as Executive Editor (2013-2014)
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Constitutional Law II; Civil Procedure; Advanced Legal Research
- President, National Lawyer's Guild SJQ Chapter
- Leadership Scholarship Recipient
University of Utah:
- Political Science, H.B.S., magna cum laude, May 2009
- Co-Head Editor, Hinckley Journal of Politics, 2008-09
- Honors Thesis, Blind v. Colorblind: The Injustice of State Felon Disenfranchisement Schemes, 2009
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Dean's List, 2006-2009
Memberships and Associations:
- Utah State Bar, admitted 2014
- Utah Chapter of Community Associations Institute (UCCAI) Board of Directors (Treasurer, 2019-2020, President elect, 2020-2021)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Emerging Legal Leaders (2016-2017 Chair)
Admitted to Practice:
- Utah State and Federal District Courts
- Supreme Court of the United States of America